Thursday, June 25, 2009

first time in thailand airport

I don't remember much after leaving Bankok at 11:oopm...landing at the airport in S. Korea @ 6:30 am found an eatery in the airport that served me Alfredo Chicken pasta with 2 beers ........and a 9 hour lay over in S. Korea....... ..landed sometime at LAX on 6/19. It took me 2 1/2 days to figure just who the f_ck am I and where the hell was I.....Yes i don't travel well.......
Ill discuss that later....

WOW!!! I LOVE THAILAND.... ....

A huge shout out to the JUNE trip June 5th-25th. Karl and Joe were GREAT to tag along with. I learned soooo much hanging with a couple vets. Both guy's watched out for me and took the time to show me around...Thanks, big time.

Many experinces to discuss, but, I will start with landing in Bangkok for frist time and what to expect.

When landing in Bangkok go directly to the money exchange booth which is on the way to the passport stamp area and get some Thai Baht, not to much, just enough to get your ass to wherever you plan to go. I exchanged american money for 5,000.oo Baht.

After you get your passport stamped follow the people and the line on the ground, then turn right not left. Go right and follow the opening to a corridor on the left..at this point you will see people, friends and family waiting for loved ones. Pass them and turn left and out the door to the only taxi. You will see 2 people sitting and tell them you need a taxi and tell them your hotel. They will give you a piece of paper with your hotel and a taxi will appear with driver. At this point, you should have already have 2 seperate printed Hotel and address of Hotel to give to the driver. 1 for you to keep and 1 for the driver. Make sure he knows your hotel or where your going before you get in.

This ride should cost you no more than 350-400 baht plus tolls of 200 baht

And since you just exchanged (inside the airport) whatever your currency is into Thai Baht you will have no problems. Alao, for some reason and it doesn't matter why but taxi driver's NEVER>>EVER>>EVER have change for a 1,000.00 baht note. Thai taxi driver's seem to freak out if you pull out a 1,000.00 baht note and expect them to break that... So don't fight what you cant control..... Get plenty of 100's, 50's and 20 baht notes.

I arrived at the NanaThai Mansion on May 30th at 2:00am. After a very long flight, was ready for a shower a beer or 2 and bed.....and I did just that.

More to come......

Thanks,
Scott













__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment